Tuesday, February 20, 2007

MIA

Okay, I admit that I haven't been writing as much as I probably should be. At the same time, I haven't exactly been sitting in front of the TV, either. Between work, skiing, and cycling, I'm not left with much time, especially when you factor in a long daily commute. Besides, I assumed that no one really wants to hear about my training schedule.

That said, this weekend I went down to Saint George to do a little training. Actually, I went down to Saint George to do a lot of training. My job and the weather have conspired to keep me off my bike for most of '07, but with the race season just around the corner I thought it might be a good idea to head south and whip myself back into shape. 15+ hours on the bike in three days should help.

On Saturday, the drive to Saint George took less than 4 hours. Unfortunately, my return trip coincided with a nasty little storm in southern Utah. Despite the traffic, I did make it home safely, although much later than expected. Why is the car upside down in a ditch always a 4x4?

2 comments:

Abominable Snowman said...

We are just glad you made it back. It is interesting to note that the 4X4's do seem to be the ones ending up in the ditch. I think, aside from the obvious testosterone factor, many 4X4 operators seem to have this mistaken idea that the 4X4 capability will help them stop better as well (actually, I suspect stopping never even ocurred to them).

Have a great Day.

Love,
The Abominable Snowman

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you got home safely too.