Monday, February 19, 2007

Viva Snowbird!


I can tell we are going to have to have Eric give everyone a lesson in how to use this blog sight. I am shocked that I am the last one to enter a blog! I thought the "younger generation" was supposed to be computer literate and I figured they would go to town with this. Not so. Consider the gauntlet to have been thrown down. What are you folks all up to out there? I heard on the radio that they had found a body (dead for about a year) in front of a still playing TV set. I hope that's not what you are all up to. Remember, everyone is busy but we all have a little time to keep in touch - something about time management?

Now, for the interesting part. I am pleased to advise you that Kelsey and I had a wonderful day at Snowbird last Friday (in celebration of her pending departure from teen hood). Within the preceding 24 hours the mountain had received about 15" of new snow so we couldn't have caught it better. We skied until our legs hurt (come to think of it they are still a bit sore). But let me tell you, it was a ball!

Perhaps the most interesting part of the day was our journey through the new "tunnel" at the top of the mountain. They have dug a tunnel to connect the front side of the mountain with the back side. You ride through it on a people mover conveyor belt. It is surprisingly like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. Pretty cool. Anyway, we had a great day and Kelsey skied me into the ground.

On Saturday we went bowling with Scott and Troy. Troy is the master trash talker but Kelsey was feeling her oats and actually beat us all in the second game. She was mumbling something about joining the pro-bowlers tour on the way out the door. Troy was babbling something about "next time". I think everyone had a great time and we finished off with dinner at Appleby's - Thanks, Mom.

My flight home was without incident (and on time to boot!). I'll put this trip down as a success.

Be good and keep smiling. Let's hear from the rest of you. Hopefully, you can find something interesting in your lives.

Love you all,
Stan

3 comments:

Abominable Snowman said...

Just as a PS - we did drop by Andria's and see the "Mini Coopa" Friday eveing. What a cute little guy! Of course, Ashton and Brighton were on there best behavior and the played quitely with Uncle Stan (isn't that right guys?). Stay tuned. Andria owes me copies of the pictures she took and I will share them with you when I get them.

Kelsey said...

I second everything that was said. It was a good weekend and I am now ready to become an old twenty year old tomorrow...scary.

Grandmother said...

You did a great discription of your visit to the nort, I have to say I enjoyed it just as much as the rest of you. Sure, we all know how quietly Uncle Stan pays with the little cousins. I probably took Andria at least a day to get them calmed. I will remind her of the pictures.