Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let the Ski Season begin!!



It's official, the 2007-2008 ski season is now underway! This past weekend was opening weekend at Mammoth Mountain California and Colette, Logan and I were there to enjoy. Not much snow (as you can see from the pictures below) but it sure was fun.








The day turned out just as we expected. After all, the point is not really to go up and ski all day. The point is to say you were there. Since we've done this many times before we knew exactly what to expect. We skied for an hour-and-a-half or so and then went and played with the dog for bit. We then headed up over Tioga Pass into Yosemite National Park (we hope the pass will be closed within the month due to snow, but it's currently wide open).
All in all it was a fun trip. Now we have plans to start our ritual snowdance as we hope for better days ahead.
Boy, you certainly want to be on your "rock skis"!
That's one of the best sticks I've had in a long time!
A good view of the mountain. Not much snow yet but hope springs eternal.
Colette and her favorite hound! No snow on those mountains now but
in a couple of months there will be more than ten feet of snow where
Colette and Logan are standing and the mountains behind will be pure white!
(I can hardly wait)

5 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

Don't do the snowdance here, we are enjoying the Fall weather too much. But we did get snow in the mountains last night in Logan and it was frosty this morning.

rockymountainhi said...

Does Mammoth call to make sure you are available for opening day. You open and close it every year, don't you? Have a great ski season and the weather looked great to be in the mountains, but skiing?

Kelsey said...

I am so jealous. Maybe I should move home next year so I can join in on all the fun!

Faceless Ghost said...

Well, I guess something is better than nothing. If I had been there, I think I would have skied the entire day without making a single turn!

Grandmother said...

I am trying this now with Eric's assistance. I liked my other comment about the lack of snow at each place.