Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa!
Today is Grandpa’s birthday. Although he may not physically be with us just now we all look forward to seeing him again someday and we can certainly celebrate his birthday. We can never forget the wonderful times that we had with him and the example he was to each of us. All that he taught us will stay with us throughout our lives. Time marches on through the seasons of our lives but we always have our memories. When it really comes down to it, it’s family that matters most. These are the people who love us inspite of our faults and shortcommings. Let us each live our lives so that Grandpa will be proud of us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA! WE LOVE YOU!

Here are a few pictures that may stir some memories. Have a great day and remember we are a family!!

Amy and Eric get chased by the "Bear"! I thought there were NO bears out tonight!

Grandpa watches cautiously over a little Brighton.

Grandpa and Grandma in Arizona to visit Brenda.

Some California yard work.







We all get together and then some.


If there's that much snow here, think what there must be at Alta! Wax those boards!

How about that babe? Do you think Grandpa's keeping an eye on her or do you think she's keeping an eye on Grandpa these days?

I would have put on more pictures but as you can see, I'm still developing my skills here. Oh well, at least I tried (hint, hint to those of you yet to do squat on the family blog). Love you all!!

5 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

It is fun to look at the pictures and remember all the time we spend together at reunions, etc. Thanks. Happy Birthday Grandpa.

LilJ said...

That brings back lots of good memories. Happy birthday Grandpa.

Grandmother said...

Great collection of pictures. They do tell a good story and I must say the words and pictures bring a few remembrance tear and that is good. What a happy day is July 11. Happy Birthday Ray O'Brien Jeppsen.....We love you.

Amy said...

I especially remember grandpa about this time every year - I enjoy seeing these pictures, and I'm grateful for so many years of fun memories that we can share someday with the Jeppsen generations who didn't have the chance to know him, just as I've heard second-hand about memories of the relatives I was too young to remember myself. Happy birthday Grandpa.

blee said...

Just a note to say thank you Stan for posting a wonderful tribute to our most awesome DAD.

As I grow older I realize the many sacrifices he and mom made for us all. How blessed we are to be part of the "Jeppsen Family".

Happy Birthday Dad :)