Saturday, July 7, 2007

As record temps are hitting the west...I feel extremely lucky to be the one of the few in our extended family to enjoy the east. The weather has been good here despite the humidity. But, in the west wildfires seem to be sprouting up everywhere. Places like I never expect to hear...mainly Utah, one near St. George the other just east of Salt Lake. Hope all who live in the areas have a good view because I know how fun they are to watch. However, the smoke is never fun. We have a fire out here thats been burning for about two weeks. You wont hear of it on the news because its gov't property...but it gets pretty bad. The smoke has returned to my base and about 5 AM every morning we get covered in wildfire smoke like a thick coastal fog. (I work graveyard now, so when that smoke comes we have to go inside...because it becomes hard to breathe.)


Anyways, as all these wildfires start I wonder, is the cali Jeppsens back yard (hillside behind home) going to burn... I dont think it has since we moved there and it's seemed ready to go for quite awhile. Lets all keep our fingers crossed...but if it does, a lot of those trails in the hills will be nice and clear of all the random brush disrupting mtn biking...so maybe... lets for pray the hills to burn (at least me, but no houses), it'd make awesome pics if anything.


Anyways, I'm trying to keep this thing alive again...two posts in a row from me. Where is everyone at? Random thoughts, vacation pics, funny stories of your life, random thoughts, ideas for the reunion, wierd news you read, new car you bought, good movie/book you saw/read, ...anything! Throw it on here.


From Florida, I miss y'all, cant wait to see you in 2 months.

--Al-Heshima (Sean)

2 comments:

Abominable's Main Squeeze said...

That last picture is too funny!! Since we're in progress with a new kitchen, the hillsides here had better NOT burn!

Abominable Snowman said...

That is one of the most hysterical dog pictures that I have ever seen. Sean, I can just picture you stuffing the dog up there to get its picture ;)

Those fires are pretty amazing. As I've said before, old Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with.