Monday, August 11, 2008

Cafe Rio and Razor Blades

On Saturday, Mandy and I went to Cafe Rio so she could have her last fix before heading off to Africa. We both ordered salads, which should come as no surprise. What should come as a surprise is that I bit into a razor blade while eating mine.

I took the thing up to the staff, and all they did was say sorry. So, I wrote to corporate headquarters this morning. Here's their response:

"Thank you so much for the information about a recent visit to Café Rio. We take this situation very seriously. And I will contact that location and make sure that this does not happen again. Safety and food quality is a main priority here at Café Rio. You can be assured that this will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for your time."

At the very least, reimbursement for the price of the meal seems reasonable under the circumstances. Apparently, Cafe Rio thinks otherwise. So, those of you in Utah, spread the word.

Razor blades are deadly. From now on, I think I'll go to Barbacoa.

2 comments:

Abominable's Main Squeeze said...

Wow, they should feel lucky that their restaurant isn't making headlines over that one. A free meal doesn't seem out of line especially since you showed the razor blade to the staff that night (the restaurant should have reimbursed your meal right then). Bad form, Cafe Rio!

Ivy Crew said...

WHAT!!!!!!! Man - take it to the news... that's LAME! I'll spread the word down here too... ick!!